|About The Project|
|Project Location||New Bern, NC|
|Product Used||Terrathane™ 24-003|
- 12 year old New Bern Riverfront Conference Center’s floors were settling due to silt of an old riverbed subsiding into construction debris that was place there during the 1970s
- Parts of the floor and patio sunk up to 7 inches
- Cracks and uneven joints in the concrete floors were causing tripping hazards
- Gaps beneath the walls were allowing sound to pass through soundproof rooms
- Hayward Baker injected the TerraThane 24-003 geotechnical polyurethane to stabilize, voidfill, lift, and level the concrete flooring
- The 24-003 was injected using a 5’x5’ grid pattern to ensure optimal spread of the material.
- The injection holes were 5/8”, and the polyurethane ensured minimal impact to the building
- Over 10,000 lbs of the 24-003 was injected, filling the voids beneath the slabs and realigning them to their original grade
- Work was performed around the convention centers operational hours to minimize impact to their business.
- The customer was satisfied with the results and was working with Hayward Baker on two additional buildings